Sunday, January 1, 2012

What This Is.

Hello guys, well it's 2012 now. What this new blog is, is the place where I will be carrying out my New Years Resolution. Not too long ago I went on a spending spree, during which I spent a ton of money on movies. However, I find myself having a hard time watching them or even getting started in watching them.

Among these movies are my 50 movie packs of which I have 14. If you know your math, that means I have 700 movies right there. Beyond that I probably have at least 200 - 300 Blu-rays.

Edit: After a total count of my movies, including the 700 movies in the 50 movie packs I have approx. 1300 total films.

So the plan of all this is to watch 1 movie a day and post a review here of said movie. My plan is to work through the 50 movie packs first. The way I'm going to do it is use a random number generator to select a movie from those packs. However, Fridays I'm going to watch a random movie from some other part of my collection rather that be Blu-rays or my DVD Collection.

Rules:
 

1. If for ANY REASON, on ANY DAY I don't feel like watching a movie, I won't. 
 
2. If I roll a movie I've already reviewed, It becomes a FREE DAY. However, this FREE DAY will not be counted towards my 2 for the week.
 


3. 1 Day of the week will be a FREE DAY. On a FREE DAY, I roll on the movies in my collection that are NOT part of the 50 movie packs.


4. 1 Day of the week will be a DOUBLE FEATURE DAY. On a DOUBLE FEATURE DAY, I roll on a Movie from the movie packs, after that film is finished I roll on a regular film in my collection. I will then review both.


5. For obvious reasons FREE and DOUBLE FEATURE DAYS can't be on the same day.


6. If any one makes any requests then those will be done on a REQUEST DAY. However, request day's will only happen when something has been requested. For request options see below:

Blu-Rays:

 DVDs:
These images will be constantly updated, so check back often


If you want to see the films in the 50 movie packs, see below.

6. If for ANY REASON, on ANY DAY I don't feel like watching a movie, I won't. 


Making a Request: You can either E-mail me your requests at dylannlanier@yahoo.com or you can leave them in a comment on this post.


50 Movie Packs I Own:

On the Mill Creek Sites, just click on the "Content" tab to see all the Films

If it's on Amazon, scroll down til you find the list.

















[Note: If the link takes you to Amazon, it's because Mill Creek no longer carries that pack on their site]


Alright think I've typed enough for now. I'll watch the first movie tomorrow and hopefully get the review up sometime tomorrow night. Think of some other ideas, maybe having Saturday's be a double feature or something. I don't know at the moment. I'll have to work on some more ideas over the next year.

Thanks for reading,
Dylanier

1 comment: