Monday, January 9, 2012

Hyper Sapien: People From Another Star


This film is featured on the Sci-Fi Invasion 50 Movie Pack. Reading the title gets me excited for this one, and that's not even the best part. The movie is from 1986. Which means I can expect some SERIOUS cheese. It's going to be totally awesome. I'll post the review a little later on tonight. Gotta go watch some Rifftrax first. ;)

IMDb: Hyper Sapien: People from Another Star

*Note: Copyright is a question on this film. However, due to the age of this film I'm gonna put pictures on here anyway. I could find no information regarding the copyright of this film. Under fair use: "[A] list of the various purposes for which the reproduction of a particular work may be considered fair, such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research." I mean to take no credit for this film, any images will be used only for criticism sake and to further points made about said criticism. Thanks.


Review:

Alright, give me a minute, let me wipe the cheese off myself. Literally I'm suffocating in cheese right now. However, it's a good kind of cheese, like provolone. So, I can't complain. Hyper Sapien was some of the cheesiest cheese to ever cheese through Cheesington while cheesing some cheese. It was absolutely amazing, I smiled through the entire movie. Not only was it cheesy and corny, but it was also a TOTAL E.T. ripoff. There's even a chase scene, they're protecting the alien while being chased by the Police. Just instead of a bike it was a truck. This movie was hilarious and some of the best fun I've ever had watching a movie.


Pros:

Aliens: I'm in love with the aliens from this movie. If this movie was true, then most of the Jersey Shore would be aliens. Spray Tans and Bad Haircuts denote the aliens. They're not hard to miss, not to mention that most of them act like androids. I don't know if they though that lead lady was pretty, but I don't find her that attractive. Then again, I've never been into orange spray tan women.


Is it just me, or does she look like Tia Carrere?


Kirby: At least that's what I heard. It might of been Trilby, Derby, or Bowler, idk. However, he's just about the most awesome character ever. He drinks gasoline and eats raw charcoal. By far the most badass character in the movie. Not to mention he has like 20 mouths, 3 eyes, and 3 arms. He can fly at supersonic speeds. Just an all around badass.


Biggest Badass Ever Award!


Creepy Grandpa: Most people have a crazy family member, it's usually an uncle or a grandpa. Usually the whole family tries to avoid this person. The family in this movie has such a Grandpa, however, they make him a major part of the family. Maybe it's different in the mid-west, crazy is more accepted.


No Grandpa, there's no gold in those hills.



Cons:
Hammocks: This is a total nit-pick. Who would actually sleep in a hammock like an actual bed. Sleeping every night for 6+ hours in a freaking hammock. I couldn't do it. Maybe hammocks were more comfortable in the 80s.


FINAL SCORE:

8/10


This film is one of the best pieces of cheese ever. I found this movie not only interesting, but also entertaining and fun to watch. It's highly riddled with cliches, however, that's not necessarily a bad thing. I enjoyed this movie highly.



Purchase "Hyper Sapien: People From Another Star":

 
Sci-Fi Invasion 50 Movie Pack



This is the only version of the film of this film I can find. The only other way I can find it is on VHS. So if this film isn't public domain, it deserves to be brought forward to DVD.

TRAILER:

1 comment:

  1. Please, do you know where I can download this movie? I miss it so much, but just can find it.

    cleverton_heusner@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete