Sunday, January 8, 2012

Double Feature Day: Pt. 2 V For Vendetta

Just finished watching V. Seen this movie plenty of times in the past, this just gave me an excuse to watch it again. This movie was requested by a friend of mine named Cameron, and I was more than happy to oblige. I adore this movie, it has everything a great action movie should have, on top of that, however, it has a great moral that people forget all too often these day:


People should not fear their government. Governments should fear their people.


This movie is an excellent work that gets to show off some strong CGI works and some great choreography and cinematography. I had an exceptionally difficult time finding Cons for this film. The only two I came up with sounded way too nit-picky. I have a feeling that one day this film will be shown in Film classes. It's one of the best films from the 00s, in my opinion.


*Note: Due to legality issues, there will be no photos accompanying this review. While it is "legal", it is only so until somebody raises a fit. And while their movie is about freedom of speech, I doubt they would care much for mine.


Pros:


Special Effects: A few months ago, I dived head first into Computer-generated imagery, more commonly known as CGI. Since working with CGI for myself, I spot bad CGI everywhere. Even in movies I've seen hundreds of times, that one scene now looks so fake. However, while I can see a lot of the CGI in V, none of it looks bad. It's hardly noticeable in most cases and when I did notice it, I was generally looking for it. Quite possibly the most obvious CGI would be the knife trails in some of the fighting sequences.


Choreography: David Leitch, was the Fight Choreographer and also, V's stunt double. He does an amazing job in the fights. It was probably tough working in that mask, limiting his view and, I'm sure, hard to nail the moves. However, his ability to pull it off, gives this film, some of the best fighting sequences from the past 10 years.


 Cons:


Storyline: I remember seeing this movie for the first time back in 2006. I remember leaving the theater and being confused by the storyline. Granted, I was only 15 at the time, but I knew enough to get this movie. The story can be a bit convoluted for a first time viewer. If you don't get the whole thing the first time around, watch it again. It's well worth taking the time to understand it all, it's quite an intricate web. Every time you see it, you'll see something you missed last time.



FINAL SCORE:

9/10


This movie is fantastic, it has action, blood, and Natalie Portman for the guys. However, it also deals with some subtexts of romance, mystery, and drama that will entertain most females as well. This is a movie I'm glad I picked up on Blu-Ray, and for only 8 Dollars! Thanks Cameron for the request, if anyone else would like to make a request, go HERE and read the instructions. kthxbai!



Purchase "V for Vendetta":











Watch The Trailer Here


No comments:

Post a Comment